The Institution of Civil Engineers (India)
Code of Ethics for Corporate Members
- Corporate Member shall utilize his knowledge and expertise for the welfare, health and safety of the community and shall strive to comply with the principles of sustainable development in the performance of his duties
- Corporate Member shall maintain the honour, integrity and dignity in all his professional actions to be worthy of the trust of the community and the profession.
- Corporate Member shall act only in the domain of his competence and expertise with sincerity and honesty.
- Corporate Member shall apply his knowledge and expertise in the professional matter in the interest of his employer or the clients as faithful agent or trusty and shall avoid conflict of interests.
- Corporate Member shall not misrepresent his own qualifications, experience etc. in any context.
- Corporate Member, wherever necessary and relevant, shall take all reasonable steps to inform themselves, his employer or clients, of the environmental, economic, social and other possible consequences, which may arise out of his action
- Corporate Member shall issue public statement only in an objective and truthful manner.
- Corporate Member shall continue his professional development throughout his career.
- Corporate Member shall act in such a manner as to uphold and enhance the honour, integrity and dignity of his profession.
- Corporate Member shall not act in any manner which may cause damage to the reputation of the Institution or which may cause any loss to the Institution financially or otherwise.
- Corporate Member shall build his professional reputation on the merit of his services and shall not compete unfairly with others.
- Corporate Member shall abide by the laws of the land in which the work is performed, respect the local customs, uphold the human rights, safeguard public property; abjure violence and acts of terrorism.
- Corporate Member shall treat fairly all persons regardless of such factors as race, caste, religion, state, gender or national origin.
- Corporate Member shall strive to protect and maintain clean, healthy and safe environments and comply with the statutory requirements.
- Corporate Member shall approve only those designs, which safely and economically meet the requirement of the client and shall not approve any engineering document, design, materials, stages of work which they consider to be unsound.
- Corporate Member shall keep their employer and client fully informed on all matters relating to progress of business including financial aspects, which may affect the assigned work.
- Corporate Member shall not disclose by any means, confidential information of the employer or client, unless otherwise authorized.